Saturday, April 19, 2014

4/19/2014

     Hi everyone. Wow, it has been a while. I have been in Chicago since Wednesday on a school music department trip. That was fun! Anyways, I have not had time to finish my typecast, but I hope to have it done by Monday. It seems like it has been forever since I last uploaded one.
     I am still working on that Smith Premier 10. I have not disassembled anything on it yet, as I still have yet to find the best way to go about doing it. I don't want to get in way over my head, and not be able to get it back together. It looks like if I try to remove the top cover, all of the typebars will come loose, and I don't want to have to deal with that!
     I am sorry that I didn't get around to replying to the comments on the last post, so I am just about to do that as soon as I get this published.

     For lack of a better name, I just decided to use the date. How creative...

I hope everyone has had a great week, and thanks for reading!

-Mac

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are having an enjoyable trip.
    One thing I do when I encounter a machine for the first time is take macro photos, many, many macro photos of everything as I find it. I phototgraph as I take things apart so I hope I can get it back together. I also take overall photos and close-up photos. Many digital cameras do not have a super macro allowing really close focus so I use an old Olympus with super macro that I found for about $5.00.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I will have to look for a camera that can do that. It sounds like a great idea!

      Delete