Thursday, June 18, 2015

Help Wanted

Hello everyone! Just a quick post today. I recently stumbled across this image on Wikipedia, and I have never seen anything like it before. Here is a link. I would love to know what it's purpose was. It appears to be some sort of attachment on an Underwood machine, perhaps to cover up the typebars. I just thought that it was an interesting image and that I should share it. If anyone knows what the attachment is, please let me know. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, and have a nice week!